Sunday, May 18, 2008

Migraine(2) and Vertigo

Each time one is working on something, one needs to follow what one knows. And yet, one is required to be constantly in the “beginner’s mind”, perpetually alert to what exact path the healing wants to take. Actually, when one gets oneself out of the way, intuition has a field day, and that is when the fastest results happen.

The case in point is another migraine I worked on. Or ended up working on, though we were actually working on Vertigo.

She was suffering with vertigo for more than six months. She had been through the battery of tests and had consulted a few medical practitioners with marginal relief.

I followed my intuition and let her start speaking about her symptoms and which time during the day did they manifest the most. Her vertigo would start as soon as she got up in the morning and would go on till late in the day. Sometime even till the time she hit the bed again at night.

Instead of the usual repeated tapping for specific symptoms, I intutively felt like adopting another route. I asked her to talk to me. I also invited her to follow me and tap wherever I tapped, while she spoke to me. ( I took her through all the meridian points once before we started. )

Very gently, the conversation swayed to her present concerns, exploring the resonance of which took her to her childhood, and then to the incompletion with her late mother. Every once in a while, guided by my intuition, I would shift to a new point and so would she.

I asked her to talk to me about her childhood. Once warmed up to talking about her childhood, I asked her to talk about her mother. Her mother had passed away, after a couple of traumatic deaths in the family. Her sadness came up and gradually got dissolved. You could see a definite peace on her face in the later conversations about her mother.

I repeated the same thing for her father. She went through a similar cycle of sadness, but it was combined with anxiety as well, about his health and some other issues that could be troubling him.

There was no vertigo next morning.

She had reported the most severe bouts of vertigo when she would get up in the morning. Almost everyday, progressively getting worse, for last many months. But the next day, she got up normally, easily. So easily, that when I enquired about it in the afternoon, she talked to me as if I was asking about a distant memory, a condition which was ancient history! (which incidentally, is such a regular reaction I receive: Pain? What pain? Oh that pain!...yeah, it’s not there…yeah, it’s 0…yeah, I guess I should celebrate!)

She said she didn’t have any of her usual vertigo, but said that migraine was troubling her. It was almost implied that the vertigo has now become migraine!

I explained to her that in all likelihood, this migraine was independent of the vertigo we got rid of. But keeping a doubt in reserve, even if we assume that there was a connection, it still meant that something was cleaned up for something below the surface to show up, and all that was required was to chase the symptoms and dissolve them.

So we did another couple of rounds of tapping. I also made her do a “Detox-Pratyahar”, a relaxation-psyenergising routine. And she felt complete relief.

A couple of months later, when I asked her how she was doing, she said neither the vertigo nor the migraine had troubled her since we worked on them. Why wasn’t I surprised ?!!

1 comment:

femimystic said...

Hello.:) I am new to EFT, and trying to use it to heal myself. I have suffered from/with Migraine Associated Vertigo for nearly 8 years. I went to sleep feeling just fine, and woke up in the middle of the night spinning-and it has been a constant struggle since. Thank you for posting this: It offered me confirmation that I am indeed on the right path. I haven't yet figured out how to use EFT on past trauma or abuse, but am using it on physical symptoms with some relief.:)